I find myself emotionally very invested in resolving this issue, but I don't know why. It feels like a debt I have to pay. I never spoke about this, but I will give it a try in this forum, as I could reach the right people.
I have a way of asking questions to my "intuition", and they are answered in the form of ideas. It's not really meditation, just asking and writing down the first information that's "not a thought", if you know what I mean. There's also a voice in my head, but it's lying most of the time. I learned to put that voice aside.
The first intuition regarding the death traps was that the light originally was a natural phenomenon. In my search for answers, I was guided to some german remote viewers who looked into the "light trap". You can find their discussion of the results here. Let me summarize:
1. After physical death, there are different lights with different purposes.
2. The "light trap" seems to be the brightest and most beautiful light. When entering that light, the ISBE feels like winning a lot of money or gaining the power it always wanted. It gets accelerated spiraling upwards, where it hits a boundary and is thrown back. They compare that movement with a "rubber band" getting stretched until it lashes backwards. This could be the point where the ISBE is zapped.
3. The "natural light" seems to be another light that is not as beautiful, but still attracting. When entering that light, the ISBE just feels happy. They describe the energy as a caring one, as if the ISBE is a child that is thrown in the air or played with. The purpose seems to be to hold the energy in motion, so that the ISBE doesn't get bored.
4. There seems to be a third light that is sort of dark and evil. When entering that light, the ISBE is moved through a long tunnel that gets narrower and narrower over time. The purpose seems to be the opposite of the "light trap". They describe that tunnel as "dying of boredom", and that this way is chosen by depressed ISBE's who don't want to play anymore.
5. The way out of the system seems to be to not go into a light at all. They looked into that as well, finding some sort of transit system that seems to be the natural way ISBE's travel through the universe or multiverse. If you understand german, I highly recommend watching the whole video.
So I asked my intuition why the "light trap" even exists. I got a lot of information. I don't know wether this information is true or not, but I feel the urge to share it, so here we go:
The natural light is for children, meaning ISBE's that are not capable of choosing their way on their own. I don't understand the whole concept of children at all, as immortal ISBE's don't need children. But children exist. Anyways, the natural light was the "blueprint" for the light trap.
At some point, someone had the idea to mimic that light in order to establish a "school planet". The second light had the purpose to sort the ISBE's in terms of their moral development. The initial goal was to teach morality such that aggressive behavior can be decreased. Aggressive meaning the worldview that one ISBE can own another ISBE, or in one word: Slavery.
After some time, the "dark forces" – which are the ISBE's who want to own other ISBE's – hijacked the school planet idea and twisted it into the prison planet. The AI that was teaching morality has been reprogrammed, and the zapping mechanism was installed in order to erase memories. The prison planet therefore is the exact opposite of the initial school planet idea.
I asked why the dark forces did this. The simple answer was "to punish".
I already formulated an answer in this thread, quote: "Seperating the pebbles is the act of rebelling against the natural order of things."
Pebbles mean the ISBE's who normally are free to go wherever they want.
But shocking to me was the information that the idea of seperating the ISBE's didn't come from the evil side. It came from someone who wanted to teach morality through an artificial seperation mechanism. Someone who wanted to do good, but in reality made the prison planet possible, just like someone who wanted to split the atom for energy, and with it enabled nuclear bombs.
As I said, I don't know wether this information is true or not. But it seems to fit into the big picture, and it explains why the authoritarian ET's are able to avoid the death trap mechanism.