Here are my predictions for what will happen this year:
1) Tokyo Olympics will be cancelled in whole or part, possibly postponed.
2) Tourism industry will suffer wordwide, bankrupting many cruise companies, a few airlines, hotels, etc.
3) Hawaii will enter another depression similar to the one they had in the 90s.
4) Gas prices will fall due to lack of demand
5) Professional sporting events, such as baseball and basketball will see a major fall in park attendance. Baseball will either end their season after the All Star break, or cut the number of games played.
6) Companies will explore having employees work from home whenever possible.
7) Schools will explore having students attend school online from home. I wrote you about this trend two years ago as a solution to the school shooting problem.
8) Restaurants and bars will also see a decline in business as people decide not to mingle in close quarters
9) The Motion Picture business will see a huge decline in admissions paid......BUT..... Netflix, Pornhub, and other online entertainment will surge. Many pictures will bypass the theaters and go straight to PayTV.
10) The Casino industry will be seriously hurt, several will fail as the Las Vegas Convention business goes quiet.
11) Gold, Silver, and Bitcoin will surge.
12) Cars and trucks will sell for 3/4 of their current prices... some even 50%
13) The world economies will all decline, as the lack of production, and the shortages of goods leads to low GDP.
14) Massive price increases in some goods as they become available only on the black market. Since almost all medicines and vitamins are made in China, and they are soon to come under heavy demand, the prices of meds will skyrocket and will be rationed. Rationing is code for "only available for those with lots of money to pay."
15) Walmart and other China dependent stores will close many outlets, and those that are open will have limited items for sale
16) There will be a surge in babies born next year in the US and other western countries, as people stay home more. What else is there to do? Contraceptives will also be in short supply, further boosting the birth rate.
17) Elective surgeries will decline due to lack of customers and medications. Meds will be rationed to critical care patients and the wealthy.