If the goal is to awaken us to the idea that telepathic reception or transmission of information is possible, then showing people how to do this in an easier, lower cost way in terms of time and money would certainly help. I'm sure telepathic reception is possible; I've done it. It's a big part of the reason I believe in Farsight: I have some of my own data already.
But!!!....It seems hard and rare for someone like me to get telepathic data. It's costly with my time. I'm not giving up my day job to become a full-time telepath. I either need to meditate carefully or just pay enough attention for those times when I get rather lucky receiving information. Given other constraints on my life, it's not easy to do this. I sometimes don't feel the reward is sufficient given the effort because it's hard to replicate and get consistent results.
It would be cool if there was just some sort of thing/process I could do where I could more easily independently verify something telepathically that shouldn't be verifiable by other, more conventional, means.
I don't know what kind of process that would be, but it would sure be cool if I could do it and share it. For it to go viral and change the paradigm, it needs to be easy enough for enough people to do and share.
I hope this is possible eventually. Is it? We'll see. Next Sunday might be interesting.